I leave for the island on January 14th. I'm in the final stages of packing and luggage weighing. My family is thankfully making the trip with me, and I have confiscated a check bag from all of them. My journey is beginning in the form of a massive roadtrip that will take me through Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming with a final landing in Montana. This weekend is going to be a crazy bash with the Linfield Ladies in Sunriver. I'm then off to Boise and Jackson Hole to visit friends I haven't seen in quite some time. A quick hop over yet another mountain pass will land me in Dubois, WY where I'll visit my sister Molly. She's lived there four years and I've never been . I'm then off to Missoula, MT for Christmas. Inca will be my co-pilot for the entire trip. She is staying with Mom and Dad while I'm away at school. Their new house on the river will suit her well come this spring. She's a very special soul and I'm lucky to have found her. I'm blessed to have family willing to take her. She would be miserable in Grenada.
I am looking forward to soaking in the rays and education. Nothing like studying on the beach. I'm hoping to spend some time in the water too utilizing my shiny, new diving certificate. I was informed tonight about my living situation and (drumroll please) my prayers were answered and I have my OWN ROOM. I am on cloud nine. I am in a three person suite, and we share a kitchen and bathroom. I can handle that. And get this...my roommates names are Irena and Megan. Yes, another Megan (we are special)...and could it be? A fellow Polak perhaps? I'll let you know. The solo bedroom also opens up my life for the world of visitors! I have every Catholic holiday off so come on down! I'd love to see you.
I am constantly getting asked if I'm excited...and the answer is not quite yet. I'm sure that will come rushing through me the minute I step off the plane. I am truly blessed to have such friends and family...and heartbroken to leave you all. I'm going to have a skype phone down their eventually, but email will be best. Please stay in touch. I miss all of you already.
No comments:
Post a Comment