Quick stats on the St. George's University (SGU) veterinary program...
- Why on earth did I choose SGU? Well...frankly this is the only school I applied to. I really wanted to go abroad. If you're going to go back to school when you're 27 you might as well go BIG. The SGU program is fantastic. Lots of hands on education.
- SGU is celebrating its 30 year anniversary. The school focuses on science and has undergrad and masters programs in addition to its medical and veterinary schools.
- Our professors rotate in from schools in the states and Europe. They do their sabbaticals with us. That means that we literally are taught by the veterinary greats...aka the one's who wrote the textbook everyone studies from.
- The veterinary program is 4 years; 3 on the island, and then a year of clinical training at an AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) school of my choosing.
- I will be living in the dorms my first year, and the great news is...I GOT MY OWN ROOM!! WOO HOO!! Visitors are encouraged. I get every catholic holiday under the sun off.
Quick stats on Grenada...
- Grenada is part of the Windward Islands in the southern Caribbean. It's situated 2,300 miles southeast of New York City, 450 miles south of Puerto Rico, and 90 miles north of Trinidad and Venezuela, and is comprised of three islands; Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
- Known as “The Spice of the Caribbean,” Grenada is well known for its nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla. In fact, there are more spices in Grenada per square mile than anywhere else on the planet. Nutmeg is the most abundant spice, and Grenada produces about a third of the world’s supply.
- Grenada is approx. 22 miles long and 12 miles wide, 133 square miles. The Island Mountains boast a high point of over 2,750 feet, atop Mount St. Catherine.
No comments:
Post a Comment