October 7, 2009

109th reason why I adore my dog…

Quality sleep is something that most humans neglect to do.  Of the whole animal kingdom, people are amongst the only mammals who deny themselves the hours their body, mind and soul need.  I have read several studies showing that the family dog sleeps anywhere from 12-14 hrs a day (and that isn’t factoring in their nightly zzz’s.  So dogs are actually greatly behind in being awake.  My Inca is no exception to this rule.  For the few short hours she is awake during the day she is a fiery ball of energy who manages to burn off all the calories I coerce her into eating.  As the mornings become darker and darker, I find myself envying the ball of fur who stays so firmly embedded in the blankets when my alarm goes off.  Inca’s response to my alarm is a greatly annoyed sigh, and then with a grunt she assumes the “Inverted Superman” pose.  Besides curling into a tight cylindrical ball, the Superman pose is Inca’s favorite sleeping position.  Honestly…can you stand how cute she is?

IMG_0851 IMG_0855 IMG_0857

IMG_0858 One hour later…seriously it’s amazing I make it to school on time or even function with this furball around.  So dang, distractingly cute.

1 comment:

Justin & Ashlee said...

I am so glad you get to have Inca around now. I can tell you have a lot of fun with her and love her very much.