March 12, 2009

Midterm Madness

In order to stave off any potential posting strikes from Pig of Success, here is a sprinkling of photos and random thoughts. Disordered and absolutely, chronologically inaccurate, they capture some of the madness that is March and Midterms (without the drama of basketball).

This is my irish Grenadian Pony, Darby. Isn't he fabulous? And HUGE. He's named after the fabulous Darby O'Gill and the Little People that features Sean Connery, in his twenties, defining devilishy handsome. And he sings! (Sean...not Darby). Though he does speak very, very well.

Oh and here's Ivonne looking fabulous after her "O"trageously good acting job in Vagina Monologues (which was actually in February...hmmmm). Look at that smile! I have to photoshop mine to make my teeth look like that. Very envious indeed.



And here's Rylee and I at a birthday party (not mine). I stole her for most of the evening. Okay...pause...pick jaw up off floor. But Rylee is just so cute and sweet and bouncy. At least when I see her. And what a photo album this kid has already! I'm pretty sure I had double digits before I was in a photo by the ocean. Ashlee and I were saying it's sad that Rylee won't remember her time here...we'll all be back and land locked before she's three. But maybe she'll be the one kid in Utah with an innate comfort while swimming...who will feel a deep passion for large bodies of water, and a strong pull towards citrus.


Ok...here's my birthday with some of my favorite people. My birthday fell tragically in the midst of midterms. I was touched to see how many people were willing to wake up early to have breakfast with me before buckling back down. Do you see how nice a beach day it would of been?? Sigh...



And Clove, you bad penny! You deserve one more photo. You better be at home learning the art of chasing armadillos and not traversing the jungles back to Clove Hill. I mean it Clove. Stay!




And last...but most certainly not least...a picture of Jen & Eric. They're not here yet. But they will be soon! Had to share one photo of them looking pale and Oregonian. They'll be liming island style in no time.

LAST MIDTERM TOMORROW!!! Thank goodness. My blog will be much less nonsensical then. Though there was a lot of alliteration in this one. Definitely not by design. If you're perplexed or puzzled go look up alliteration. I'll stop now. Phew.

3 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

Meg...holding a baby for an entire evening? Maybe we should bring the kids to Grenada after all.

...pause for half a second to consider...

Nope! Not a chance. Our kids are cute and bouncy too though. Just not so cute and bouncy that their parents don't feel like having a break from them once every 4.5 years or so.

I'm not sure what is going on in that picture of us. Why am I yelling and gesturing at him like that? My guess is he said something ridiculous and I am setting him straight. Just 10 days left and you can start taking some pictures of us with some sun and sand and ocean in the background.

Justin & Ashlee said...

Good luck on your test today!! We'll have to do dinner one of these nights.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see more of that blue shirt you are wearing the 1st pic...I may need to borrow it ;-)
MEP