My week has been full of soft fleece, gentle humming, luxurious eyelashes and the love of llamas…and alpacas and camels. Welcome to Camelid Land.
Here I’m placing a lumbosacral epidural.
This little cria has a meconium impaction (basically the nutrients she received from mom in utero havn’t managed to make it through her GI system yet). She’s too weak to nurse so we had to administer some milk to her. The best way to feed a weak cria is to place a feeding tube down her esophagus and into her stomach. As you can tell from the photo she didn’t appreciate the process.
This is an ugly case of fungal keratitis that I diagnosed (basically a fungal infection of the eye). A regiment of antibiotics, antifungals and a dilating agent will hopefully solve this lovely girl’s problem.
Camels LOVE pears…and will trample you for them.
4 years of vet school and I had no idea miniature cows existed. How cute is she?
1 comment:
Love the mini cows :) They had them at the Seattle zoo last fall when we went. Rylee loved them. They were just her size :)
Post a Comment