For the astute, you may have caught that I have a tab on my blog titled “Molly’s Radio Station”. I don’t think I ever explained it. Molly lives in the boonies…and for me to claim something as boonies should mean something. The Powell ranger station is beautiful and remote, and without many of the finer creature comforts we’ve all gotten so use to (such as cell phones and high speed internet in your home). There are also no radio stations that come in clearly due to the craggy mountain tops the ranger station is snuggled between.
While I was in Grenada I started the musical portion of my blog after seeing it on The Ward Family blog. American music was a nice reminder of home. Now I maintain the section for my own enjoyment and to provide my sis with some musical tunes while she’s at work. I am not known with my friends for having incredible musical tastes. I admit, I listen to whatever is currently on the radio station and rarely purchase music. However, I think many of my friends would be surprised by the music on my blog. Most of the songs are not top 40…and more than likely you’ll never hear them on the radio. I pull most songs from TV shows and movies…and most of the movies and shows I watch these days are from Canada and the UK. I’ve proudly “discovered” some musicians long before they became household names. Adele and Eric Turner for example were gracing my blog about a year ago. So this month’s rendition is a bit folky (and in my opinion fantastic). And although there are some big names listed, the songs are most likely not ones you’ve heard. So enjoy some offbeat hits, and I hope that you’re surprised.
1 comment:
I love Ingrid Michaelson too. And if you are interested in folky, have you listened to Mumford & Sons? They're my current favorite.
Post a Comment