So if you're gathering anything from this post, it should be that lizards are always on the go. Except for Frank. Frank appeared while I was washing dishes a few days after returning to the island, and has been my nightly visitor ever since. He calls my second story window his abode. It is loaded with bugs, webs, bars and all sorts of goodies that I'm sure cause the other lizards to gaze at him in envy. I also secretly think that Frank is afraid of heights...and thru some feat of greatness managed to get himself to my window, and now can not find a safe route down. He lacks the gecko feet that literally would allow him to hang upside down from the sill. But I would never say such a thing to Frank...I tell him how brave he is and tell him to eat the maurauding bugs outside. I'd like for him to grow BIG so he could eat any of the big bugs who might be brave enough to stage a coup de force on my kitchen. I am in eternal fear of potential "bug coupes". But for now Frank is keeping them at bay.
January 28, 2009
My new pet...
Inca move those dainty, fiery toes over. You have competition. Introducing...FRANK!
Don't you see him? Not the dirty windows...please ignore those...though my, oh my they are DIRTY! Frank get on those!
How bout now? 4th bar from left. Frank (named after the fantastic doorman on Samantha Who) is my new resident lizard. Now Grenada is literally crawling with lizards and geckos. They make a loud ruckus in the bushes darting to and throe. I have grabbed tight to my IPod and purse more than once, expecting a maniacal, machete wielding man to come bursting out of the goat path...to only have a five inch lizard race across the path in front of me.

So if you're gathering anything from this post, it should be that lizards are always on the go. Except for Frank. Frank appeared while I was washing dishes a few days after returning to the island, and has been my nightly visitor ever since. He calls my second story window his abode. It is loaded with bugs, webs, bars and all sorts of goodies that I'm sure cause the other lizards to gaze at him in envy. I also secretly think that Frank is afraid of heights...and thru some feat of greatness managed to get himself to my window, and now can not find a safe route down. He lacks the gecko feet that literally would allow him to hang upside down from the sill. But I would never say such a thing to Frank...I tell him how brave he is and tell him to eat the maurauding bugs outside. I'd like for him to grow BIG so he could eat any of the big bugs who might be brave enough to stage a coup de force on my kitchen. I am in eternal fear of potential "bug coupes". But for now Frank is keeping them at bay.
PS: Inca, my love, ignore all of the above. You could squash Frank with one flick of those little red paws. Your bug catching skills are renowned in Montana. Really you have nothing to worry about...and customs won't let me bring him home.
So if you're gathering anything from this post, it should be that lizards are always on the go. Except for Frank. Frank appeared while I was washing dishes a few days after returning to the island, and has been my nightly visitor ever since. He calls my second story window his abode. It is loaded with bugs, webs, bars and all sorts of goodies that I'm sure cause the other lizards to gaze at him in envy. I also secretly think that Frank is afraid of heights...and thru some feat of greatness managed to get himself to my window, and now can not find a safe route down. He lacks the gecko feet that literally would allow him to hang upside down from the sill. But I would never say such a thing to Frank...I tell him how brave he is and tell him to eat the maurauding bugs outside. I'd like for him to grow BIG so he could eat any of the big bugs who might be brave enough to stage a coup de force on my kitchen. I am in eternal fear of potential "bug coupes". But for now Frank is keeping them at bay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
A lizard to guard you from the bugs! perfect. It's like Killer, Spike and Fang come to life.
Jen I thought of you, Killer, Spike and Fang the whole time I was typing up that post. For all Frank's greatness, he does not glow in the dark. You will be safe here though...I have you sleeping in a bug net, and I really am meticulous about keeping buggies out of my home.
A mini version of Frank the Tank?
This was a great post. I'm amazed, Meg, at my growing ability to ignore bugs, spiders, cicadas, hoppers, frogs, etc. They're gonna get in the house, so I'm must more relaxed than I ever thought possible. However, I could certainly do with a Frank!! -Emily B.
Post a Comment