April 26, 2009

Brain Freeze

The sad thing about vacations is that planning and anticipating them takes months of effort and thought, while the actual act takes only a few short days to occur. I catch myself thinking about Jen and Eric's visit as if it DIDN'T already occur. My brain can't accept that so much time has quickly passed.

This term has spun by with ferocious speed, due in large part to the company that I anticipated and got to entertain. Some friends are so special that you can pick up a conversation exactly where you left off even though months to years have passed since you've spoken. Jen and Eric are those kind of friends.

And now, as I try to find the will and brain power to study for my last two finals, I find myself wishing they were here. Of all my guests (sorry fam) they were outstanding company for a student to have. You see, Jen and Eric are blessed to have three gorgeous, ACTIVE, little girls, and this was the first time that Jen & Eric had been on a vacation, alone with adults for days on end. So when I asked the two of them to sit and read a book or do cross word puzzles for three hours while I studied at night, they tranquilly curled up on the couch and did just that. I'm sure it was a long missed luxury for them to be able to sit and read a book for hours on end...a book without pictures...or fairy princesses. And I studied so well! Better than when left to my own solitary devices. We'd study/read till ten and then download some movies or TV to watch. It was like being back in the dorms again, complete with crappy furniture.

But Jen and Eric left long ago, leaving me with fantastic memories and a study schedule with far less learning in it then there should be. So with only two finals left to go...does anyone want to come visit me so I'll feel compelled to schedule study hours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great pix my dear.
M

Emily B. said...

Wish I could!! We could work together. As a fulltime telecommuter, it's stunning how much better I work in a coffeeshop or with another telecommuter. The motivation really does float in the air, and multiply or something.

Jen Rouse said...

I really can't believe it's been over a month since we were there. I still have stories and photos I've been meaning to post on my blog as well.
If we had the money we'd fly down and "help you study" every weekend!