August 16, 2010

Amazing Things

In no particular order…

1)  These two people…

9

I have known Jen for <gasp> about 12 years, and Eric came into the picture not long after that.  They are now the parents of three, gorgeous, pretty-dang-well-behaved, ladies.  These two managed to visit me in the remote location of Grenada, and recently made the 12 hr drive to Montana to pass some time on the banks of the Bitterroot River.  Many would think their busy schedule would preempt them from such activities.  I admit, I was skeptical when Jen told me they were going to come to Grenada…but a few days later I got an email with their flight itinerary. And when she mentioned they might take a family road trip to visit me in Montana this summer I just nodded (her oldest is five).  I should of known by now that these two do whatever they set their minds on.  They are a great example of how life can be lived to the fullest…even when your life is very full.

Jen and Eric

2) My parents are coming up on their 40th wedding anniversary.  Can you imagine?  Molly and I are excited to celebrate the big day with them.  Prep work for Molly’s wedding is in full swing, and only 4 months away.  So for the Puchlerz clan this is truly the year of of wedding celebration.

mom and dad wedding

3)  Montana summers are heavenly…especially at my parent’s house.  The mountains form a dark indigo line into the blue sky, and when the breeze trickles past it “snows” a delicate rain of cottonwood fluff through the air. You can’t help but breathe deep and simply relax.  The bird below took a break in one of my parent’s hanging baskets a few days ago allowing me to steal a picture of a Montana native.

P8030034

4)  Inca has learned to swim.  Finally.  Yes my little four year old has finally embraced the river she’s spent about 1/2 of her life on.  Prior to this summer Inca’s swimming ability was fleeting at best.  Usually she would walk as far as possible, and then if the bottom fell away she would frantically reach for the ground with her hind legs while her front legs flailed above her head like a human.  It was an embarrassing scene to say the least, and I more than once had to contemplate a rescue.  But now she paddles to the other side of the river while I wade across…a red river otter.

splash dogs swimming

5)  And last but not least…this guy.  Wow.  Amazing huh?

P8150054

2 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

Wow, we get to be categorized as "amazing"? I'm honored. Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess, and for living in so many beautiful places that are fun to visit! I think a move to Europe needs to be next for you...

Also--what IS that an X-ray of?

Meg said...

Yup. You get amazing status. I would also categorize you as neat. The x-ray is the abdomen of a very large doby who thought he'd help himself to some smelt while his "dad's" back was turned. Unfortunately the smelt was for pike fishing and had a very, very large hook in it...as you can see in the radiograph. All ended well after a bit of surgery.

Oh and I am all for Europe! You guys could move their too. I'd be ok with that.